Hacker Space Brussels
Bootstrap meeting (Sun 12 Oct, Schaerbeek)
We are starting up a hacker space in Brussels.
This is a first startup meeting; the main point will be sensing topics
of interest, get all of you interested and involved in the project and
compiling it all in an overview for next year. Our aim is to meet every
two weeks, working on a specific topic and get considerable work done
Sunday 12 Oct @14:00
46 av. princesse elisabeth
Tram: 23/56/92 or 55/33
Bus: 58 or 59
Ideas for future work
Here is a list of ideas for future workshops, you can submit yours
1. gPXE: booting Linux from an HTTP webserver, and flashing BIOSes of
computers, see Etherboot.org, and the EEEPC example, create an
OpenWrt ipk package in order to server gpxelinux.0 for machines
having PXE booting, install a squid on the router with an SD card to
cache the content;
2. TetrapakWaveguide: trying to design Wifi waveguide antennas with
TetraPak fruit juice boxes. See example of Tetrapak Slotted Waveguide
Antenna. Spiral antenna + interference test
3. Dish antenna 5ghz+coax cable: Build directionnal 5hz antennas with dishes and homemade feeds, like in Athens. Learn how to make coaxial cables for HF.
4. Olsr-ng: use the SNR as a metric
5. Openwrt: kamikaze build sys + howto create new packages + porting to differents architectures
6. Web: wikidot, spip, drupal, plone
7. Searchengine for the RC: search engine for ReseauCitoyen
8. Rapid booting: moblin.org
9. fonera-mp3: Fonera with an OGG chip.
10. lcdproc: LCDproc over GPIOs.
11. Kboot+Kexec: Boot over wireless and replacing the kernel while it is running. Maybe a need to port Kboot to OpenWrt?
12. KVM: virtualisation made easy
13. Network simulator based on OpenVZ: OpenVZ has the advantage to create multiple jails on the same machine. This can be used together with ebtables to create a network simulator to simulate behaviour of routing protocols, such as OLSR. Packet loss and bandwidth can also be simulated with TC tools.
14. Brick Party: or rescue your broken router with JTAG, serial or other tips and tricks. Bring your router to the party, and we will try to resurrect it from the dead. Experiment with a JTAG-finder.
15. Aircrack-ng: WEP cracking and beyond.
16. fonera-mp3 : bringing audio streaming to the fonera
17. Web-dev : intro to wikidot/spip/drupal/plone.org
18. Public maps : getting into openstreetmap
19. Software patents: patassasin, the software patent killer
20. Arduino: sensors
21. Synergy : sharing mouse/keyboard over the network
22. Debian: how to make a deb package
23. OLSR: IPv6 on wireless mesh networks
Benjamin Henrion <gro.vedu|hb#gro.vedu|hb> +32-484-566109
Pieter Heremans <eb.54l|reteip#eb.54l|reteip>